Counterfeit kit for February

I put together my kit for February yesterday ready for crop today.

All the links are available at the Counterfeit kit challenge blog, the kit photos at the kit site (Scraps of Darkness) are here.

I've made the colours of my kit less 'boudoir' and more girly, but tried to keep in with the general feel in terms of tone and pattern.


I've got nine patterned papers, plus a half sheet and a die cut sheet. These are a mix of Prima, Webster's Pages, My Mind's Eye and Making Memories.


There are seven sheets of cardstock and a LOT of part used sets of alphas. I like to have a variety of fonts and sizes and I think this is a good mix.


I've added in a lot of bling and buttons (more things I missed last month) together with the ribbons, Cosmic Shimmers and Prima masks. I've not bothered with the mirrors or page pebbles (substituted with the epoxy brads).


I added in the stamps rather than stamping the images onto cardstock as I thought this would give me more flexibility in using them (ie stamping directly onto the patterned papers, which is something I did with the January kit). I love adding stickers to my pages too, especially word and phrase stickers, so just added a few sheets which I felt went with the kit colours.


Finally, I added in a pile of die cuts and metals. I love layering on my pages and use die cuts LOTS! And the metals are from a box I have been hoarding for many years now. Glad to see metals coming back into fashion, scrapbookwise!

So, yes, a HUGE kit, but I limited myself on what I took to crop to this kit, the remnants of the January kit and a Guest DT kit. I had my trimmer, tool kit, inks, Big Shot and a selection of punches and dies and that is it! Walking in with one tote instead of two totes PLUS lots other other stuff was a shock to everyone I can tell you LOL!

2 comments:

Jimjams said...

Blinking heck Suzanne - that isn't just huge - it's GIANT! It'll be interesting to see just how many pages/mini-books/albums you make with this kit!
Love the way you photographed the different elements.

kim said...

it certainly was a shock to see you walk in with only the 1 tote instead of the 2 and a car load ,. love your work suzzanee always fresh and bright and sooo pretty